The manufacturing process is full of potential threats, but many businesses don’t consider the safety risks that their dust control systems present. If your business ventilates dust, you are required to follow the rules outlined for Dust Collectors .
These rules include NFPA 654, NFPA 664, NFPA 91, NFPA 68, NFPA 69, S. 5. 10 of the Ontario Fire Code, S. 18 of the Ontario Electrical Code, and other FM Global Standards for combustible dust.
The WINTEK Engineering Approach:
- Design customized dust collection systems for your business.
- Identify whether a specific area is a “hazardous” location as defined by NFPA 654.
- Test grounding and bonding for compliance.
- Provide recommendations for your dust collectors and any processes that involve them.
- Complete NFPA calculations to verify compliance.
- Provide a comprehensive PHSR report that outlines major problems, propose solutions, and offers support to ensure that the review is clear.
- Help your business reach compliance through the creation of an actionable plan.
Dust may seem like a minor thing, but when it comes into contact with problems from the other triggers, it can pose a very serious risk.
Don’t let your dust control systems put your business on hold.
Contact WINTEK Engineering today at (866) 248-6608 to get compliant with a detailed PHSR.